Monday, February 20, 2006

1 Week Break

Greetings all,

I have a lot of things to do / catch up on this week, so I am taking a brief break. I will be back next weekend with the tape Free Enterprise is Alive, by Jim Brooks (This is an edited version of the classic 'Blue Light Special'). The next Building Your Quixtar with BWW post will be on contacting and inviting, and I hope to finish up Magic of Thinking Big in two weeks. I will be looking for suggestions for the next book. I have in mind to do Pro-Sumer Power since it is the recommened read on the Getting Started tapes or The Quixtar Price is Right, which comes with the BWW starter pack. Any thoughts?

If you have started to read this blog after I started it, take this week and go back through the archives and it will be like new! You can use the Site Index to search for specific BWW materials.

Have a good week, I will see you then.

X

2 Comments:

Blogger xanadustc said...

Watch that you do not try to shoot your foot while aiming the gun. He does have a verifiable story. His undergraduate and graduate (Masters I assume) degrees are in hotel and restuarant management where he has had good business success. His doctorate is in Educational Administration. If I recall correctly he has or had at one time taught business at a large university.

He is, however, an author who has capitalized on a good money making situation when saw it: producing books for an organization with a set number of minimum copies. I think that will be the next book I look at to see what is really good and what is not.

Overall, his books are availible by the standard channels except for at least 'Quixtar Price is Right', which does not even appear on his website. This is the red flag that I have: If it was truely a position statement on the matters of Quixtar, he would have made it availible through his regular channels, but all I can tell is that it was made to move through the MOs.

All that being said, I still do not support the business/motivation books movement because they draw one away from the truth of Christ.

X

Tue Feb 21, 09:41:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger xanadustc said...

I thought it was on the back or inside cover, but I could be wrong. His whole bio is on his website. Type in Bill Quain on Google and it should be the first hit.

Tue Feb 28, 09:00:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home