Saturday, June 03, 2006

Which is Better?

Which is better? Going to a weekend function with your motivational organization? Or going to a weekend for your hooby? My cost is about the same, meeting is less than a BWW function, hotel is a little more (staying by myself), so it averages out to the same cost.

At a BWW function, I would get there Friday night and go right over for a mind-wasting 5 hours of people talking but saying new, go to a night-owl so they know you are serious, get 4 hours of sleep, go to 5 hours of people talking but saying new, have about 4 hours off to have lunch, etc, go to 5 hours of people talking but saying new, get about 5 hours of sleep, go to a worship service where they twist around the Bible and scare you into making a "decision" with long-winded words and many-times-repeated emotional verses, then to go 5 hours of people talking but saying new, and then trying to drive home so absolutely exhausted you can barely see straight, but MAN ARE YOU FIRED UP!

I am currently at a conference relating to my hobby. I got here Friday night and met up with people that I have done business with online, but never met. We had a nice long meal, then I went back to my hotel about 10:30 or so, got several hours of sleep before waking up and going to two sessions of seminars, interacted with more people, bought some supplies that I planned in advance on buying, went out to a nice lunch, went to the hotel room to relax for a few hours, went out to walk around the town and see the sights, went to a nice banquet, back to the hotel by 10:30, get several more hours of sleep, and I plan to drive home early in the morning to worship with my friends in a sound church.

Which sounds better to you? (And I know I will get some Ambot telling me that I can learn to make millions at the BWW function, but not at a conference for my hobby. Save time now and ask what evidence you are basing that on?)

1 Comments:

Blogger xanadustc said...

No archangel, I do not think so. Why do you ask?

Mon Jun 19, 08:38:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home